Saturday, February 26, 2011

SIX OF SWORDS


So I had a dream about this card. I was the figure pictured, and somehow I seemed to be the ferryman on the river Styx. The main thing I was concerned about in this dream was the swords stuck in the boat floor, and that someone might start pulling them out.

So in a way, was this my subconscious telling me that even thought one is moving on or over this situation there is still a chance of one or more of those swords being uprooted and the water (emotions) could start bubbling up? Maybe reverting back to the feeling in THE FIVE OF SWORDS? I think it's important to take caution as you move over this situation. Things are getting better, calming down, but caution is still needed. But what awaits you on the other side? A fresh start, a new frame of mind?

For me, THE SIX OF SWORDS is a card about moving on, being past a certain point, or just beyond the center of an issue. A transition card, or gateway card. So like Jonah fresh out of the belly of the whale, or the Fellowship of the Ring escaping out of the mines of Moria. You have moved on, but at what cost? What lesson was learned in this transition?

The reversed card. Like on the river Styx, make sure you have taken precautions in your proceedings. If the ferryman doesn't get paid, you may find yourself wandering up and down the banks of this river and not moving on from this situation. Stagnating and not being able to get over whatever it is that you are trying to escape from. You don't want those swords to come loose, taking you backward instead of forward.

Song I have chosen to represent this card is Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel

No comments:

Post a Comment